Heterochromatin region is
1) MOLECULAR BASIS OF INHERITANCE
2) BIOTECHNOLOGY PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSESS
3) BIOTECHNOLOGY AND ITS APPLICATIONS
1. Which one of the following does not follow the central dogma of molecular biology?
1) Pea 2) Mucor
3) HIV 4) Chlamydomonas.
2. Ideal method of DNA replication in which two stands of DNA separate and synthesize new strands is
4) All of these.
3. In an inducible operon, the genes are
1) Usually not expressed unless a signal turns then ‘on’.
2) Usually expressed unless a signal turns them ‘off’.
3) Always expressed.
4) Never expressed.
4. Choose the correct steps in the organism of eukaryotic chromosomes.
1)DNA (10nm) Nucleosome (50nm) Solenoid (30nm) Super Solenoid(300nm) Chromatid (700nm) Chromosome (1400nm).
2) Nucleosome (10nm) Super solenoid (300nm) Chromosome (700nm) Chromatid (1400nm)
3) DNA (2nm) Nucleosome (10nm) Solenoid (30nm) Super Solenoid (300nm) Chromatid (700nm) Chromosome (400nm).
4) Chromatin (2nm) Nucleosome (10nm) Solenoid (30nm) Chromosome (1400nm).
5. Which of the following DNA form has maximum number of base pair per turn?
1) Z-DNA 2) A-DNA 3) B-DNA 4) C-DNA
6. If there are 999 bases in an mRNA that code for a protein with 333 amino acids and the base position of 910 is deleted such that the length of the mRNA becomes 998 bases, how many codons will be altered?
1) 11 2) 333 3) 1 4) 30
7. Which is it that forms the basis of DNA finger printing?
1) The relative proportions of purines and pyrimidine in DNA.
2) The relative difference in the DNA occurrence in blood, skin and saliva.
3) The relative amount of DNA in the ridges and grooves of the fingerprinting.
4) Satellite DNA occurring as highly repeated short DNA segments.
8. Balbiani rings are sites of
1) Polysaccharide synthesis
2) Lipid synthesis
3) Nucleotide synthesis
4) RNA & Protein synthesis
9. The antibiotic that inhibits interaction between tRNA and mRNA during bacterial protein.
1) Neomycin 2) Streptomycin
3) Erythromycin 4) Tetracycline
10. In mutational event, when adenine is replaced by guanine, it is a case of
1) Frame shift mutation
11. Binding of specific protein on regulatory DNA sequence can be studied by means of
1) Ultra centrifugation
2) Electron microscope
3) Light microscope
4) X-rays crystallography
12. Spliceosomes are not found in cells of
1) Fungi 2) Animals 3) Plants 4) Bacteria
13. Escherichia coli fully labelled with N15 is allowed to grow in N14 medium. The two strands of DNA molecule of the first generation bacteria have
1) Different density and do not resemble parent DNA
2) Different density but resemble parent DNA
3) Same density and resemble parent DNA
4) Same density but do not resemble parent DNA
14. In a sea urchin DNA, which is double stranded 17% of the bases were shown to be cytosine. The percentage of the other three bases expected to be present in this DNA are
1) G-17%, A-33%, T-33%
2) G-17%, A-16.5%, T-32%
3) G-8.5%, A-50%, T-24.5%
4) G-34%, A-24.5%, T-24.5%
15. Sequence of AAT GCT TAG GCA on template segment of DNA will be represented over the transcribed mRNA as
1) UUA CGT TUC CGU
2) UUA CGA AUC CGU
3) AAT GCT AAG GCA
4) TTA CGA ATC CGT
16. What is amino acid sequence encoded by base sequence UCA UUU UCC GGG AGU of mRNA segment?
1) Glycine Serine Phenylalanine Serine Glycine
2) Serine Phenylalanine Serine Glycine Serine
3) Serine Phenylalanine Glycine Serine Glycine
4) Methionine Phenylalanine Serine Glycine Serine
17. Many non-humans model organisms have also been sequenced along with the human genome, these are
1) Bacteria and yeast
2) Fruitfly and Caenohabditis (nematode)
3) Plants (riaand Arabidopsis)
4) All of the above
18. Which cannot be used for DNA finger printing in humans?
1) Leucocytes 2) Erythrocytes
3) Hair bulbs 4) Sperms
19. Hargobind Khorana deduced code for amino acid
1) Serine and leucine
2) Leucine and glutamic acid
3) Valine and glutamic acid
4) Phenylalanine and methionine
20. Heterochromatin region is
1) Genetically more active
2) Genetically less active
3) Loosely coiled region
4) lightly coloured
21. Okazaki fragments are formed during
1) Transduction 2) Transcription
3) Replication 4) Translation
22. Wobble hypothesis establishes
1) Peptide chain formation
2) Initiation of peptide chain
3) Termination of peptides chain
4) Economy in tRNA molecules
23. Who synthesized the first artificial gene?
1) Morgan 2) Nirenberg 3) Khorana 4) Mendel
24. In the year a the two enzymes responsible for b the growth of bacteriophage in E.coli were isolated. One of these c group to DNA, while other d DNA. The later was called e.
1) a-1967, b-promoting, c-ethyl, d-join, e-DNA-ligase
2) a-1963, b-restricting, c-methyl, d-cut, e-restriction endonuclease
3) a-1972, b-restricting, c-methyl, d-cut, e-restriction endonuclease
4) a-1963, b-restricting, c-methyl, d-cut, e-restriction endonuclease
25. In vector PBR322, the ‘rop’ codes for the
1) Pvu II 2) Pvu I
3) Proteins that involved in the replication of the restriction enzyme
4) Proteins that involved in the replication of the plasmid.
26. DNA staining by ethidium bromide is followed by the exposure to UV rays. Now DNA is seen as bands of
1) Blue colour 2) Orange colour
3) Red colour 4) Both (2) and (3).
27. Which is correctly matched.
2) PBR322 Enzyme
3) Thermusaquaticus Bt gene
4) Ligase Molecular scissors
28. EcoRI cut the DNA between the bases
1) G and T only 2) G and C only
3) A and T only 4) G and A only
29. Melting of DNA at 700 C is due to breakdown of
1) Phosphodiester bonds
2) Hydrogen bonds
3) Glycosidic bonds
4) Disulphide bonds
30.Which of the following would be chosen for best field if we want to produce a recombinant protein in large amounts?
1) A continuous culture system
2) A laboratory flask of large capacity
3) A bioreactor without parts
4) Any of the above
- త్రిగుణాతీతం దైవతత్త్వం!
- ఆగస్టు 21న దుబాయ్కు చెన్నై సూపర్ కింగ్స్
- దర్శకుడు నిషికాంత్ కామత్ ఆరోగ్యం విషమం
- అభివృద్ధి కార్యకలాపాల్లో ఇస్రో పాత్ర వేగంగా విస్తరిస్తున్నది
- మొహార్రం ఉత్సవాలపై హోంమంత్రి సమావేశం
- గోల్డెన్ లాబ్రడార్ జాతి కుక్కకు 13 పిల్లలు..అన్నీ నలుపే..!
- రష్యా టీకా ఎన్నాళ్లూ రక్షిస్తుంది ?
- ఒకే విభాగంగా జలవనరుల శాఖ: సీఎం కేసీఆర్
- ఆధార్ పొందిన మయన్మార్ జాతీయుడు అరెస్టు
- భక్తులకు ప్రవేశం లేదు : ఇస్కాన్