Nipuna-education - Mar 04, 2020 , T00:05
Before we discuss ‘What is Self-Talk?’,
- let me tell you one interesting thing.
- All of us like Sachin Tendulkar very much. I also like him very much.
The legendary batsman hit 100 centuries in his sparkling career. However, do you remember the struggle that he underwent before hitting his hundredth century?
- After completing his ninety-nine centuries, he could not hit his hundredth century with ease.
- He almost played 34 innings before he managed to hit his hundredth century. During this period of thirty-four innings, on few occasions he got miserably failed just by scoring single digit runs and on some other occasions he missed the landmark score after almost touching the higher scores of 94 runs and above.
What could be the reason?
- The Self-talk is the driving force within us which will make us win or lose.
- Even the master blaster is also not an exception. His negative self-talk made him lose the golden opportunity.
What is Self-talk?
- Self-talk is something you do naturally throughout your waking hours. People are becoming more aware that positive self-talk is a powerful tool for increasing your self-confidence and curbing negative emotions. People who can master positive self-talk are thought to be more confident, motivated, and productive.
- Even though you might not know it, you’re already practising self-talk.
- Self-talk is basically your inner voice, the voice in your mind that says the things you don’t necessarily say out loud. We often don’t even realise that this running commentary is going on in the background, but our self-talk can have a big influence on how we feel about who we are.
- Whatever be the amount of motivation and inspiration that we get from training programmes, books, teachings etc, ultimately how we talk to ourselves in real life challenges is the key to success.
- Your self-talk alone will decide your performance, when you are in the middle of the examination, job Interview and other challenging situations like driving in heavy traffic, giving a presentation on the dais, playing crucial match, attacking an enemy in a war etc.
- Our personality, our self-belief system, expectations from others and our own stress levels all these things play a vital role in designing our self-talk.
- The self-talk can be positive or negative. But all said and done, the self- talk drives us.
- 95% of our emotions are the result of our self-talk or the inner dialogue.
- The self-talk keeps on going in our mind like a powerful river.
How to develop a positive Self Talk?
- The positive self-talk alone will give us better performance. The positive self-talk can be developed deliberately.
- We should always be giving positive self-affirmations to ourselves.
Some useful positive self-affirmations:
- I can do it
- It is easy
- I achieved so many great things in my life so far
- I am lovable
- I am capable
- I am important
- I can always win
Why to develop positive Self-Talk?
- Our mind can not be free from self-talk. If we do not develop a positive self-talk deliberately, it will get filled with negative self-talk automatically.
- Our mind is like a garden.
- The garden is nurtured carefully. We plant beautiful plants, water them, give them proper pesticides, fertilizers etc, we keep away the insects, pests etc.
- If we donot nurture the garden , automatically the weed gets developed, all the garden is filled with thorny bushes and unwanted plants.
- In a similar way if we need to take care of our mind with a deliberate positive self-talk. Otherwise by default negative self-talk creeps in.
- As a result we will be pessimistic, we lose hopes on life, we doubt our own capabilities and our performance gets lowered.
- జెంషెడ్పూర్, హంపిలో భూ ప్రకంపం
- పూజా హెగ్డే ఫేవరేట్ క్రికెటర్ ఎవరో తెలుసా?
- తనపై వచ్చిన వార్తలపై స్పందించిన నవాజుద్దీన్ సోదరుడు
- ప్రకృతిని నిర్లక్ష్యం చేస్తే..మన మనుగడ ప్రశ్నార్థకం: మంత్రి హరీశ్ రావు
- ఆడవాళ్ళని గౌరవించడం ఎన్టీఆర్కి తెలుసు: పాయల్
- సోనూసూద్ సేవలకి పులిస్టాప్ లేదు..!
- రూ.1.20 లక్షలు లంచం తీసుకుంటూ దొరికిపోయాడు
- రాజౌరిలో ఎదురుకాల్పులు..ఉగ్రవాది హతం
- దేశంలో మొత్తం 2,26,334 పాజిటివ్ కేసులు
- ‘ఏరువాక’ తో పండుగ వాతావరణం